Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Photographing Calibration Cubes

If it is worth doing it is worth doing over the top!  So it is when it comes to me taking photographs of calibration object (3DSlaTest).  The goal is to get consistent images so one cube can be compared to another easily.  My set setup is shown below.  The components of this setup are as follows:
  1. iPhone6
  2. Mount for iPhone6 from Thingiverse
  3. Lighting - Strip LEDs in a 3D Printed Frame
  4. Macro Lens for iPhone
  5. 3D Printed Cube Stand 
  6. 3D Printed Square Mount for Calibration Cube
  7. 3D Printed Backdrop Holder from Thingiverse
  8. Craft Paper for Backdrop




After Cropping

3 comments:

  1. It looks like a couple of the links to Thingiverse are 404's do you have working links?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just tested each of them and they all worked. Thingiverse must have been having an issue?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great to see you again! I've read every word on this blog, and after initial excitement became quite sad not seeing any new posts for a while. Good luck with everything! Thank you for Your work! Check it out wyze discount codes

    ReplyDelete