In the remainder of this post I will detail the changes that need to be made for what I expect will be the final version of the model!
Planned changes for a final version of the model (in no particular order):
- Hatches and other details should have inset outlines that will accept a pin line of black paint (#3)
- Railings should look the same (#2)
- Ladder should fit in cutout (#3)
- Support pillars for bridge need to be shorter and the whole configuration needs to be rethought for assembly (#4)
- Structures such as the life raft, forward hatch, and anchor capstans should be printed as stand alone items for ease of painting (#2, #5)
- Hole in the crane boom is on the wrong side (#6)
- Layering on hull is accentuated by weathering (even at 80 microns). Suggest final print at a low 60 microns, varnish, and then sand.
- All parts should be printed at 60 micron resolution and at very slow speed to hide ridging
- Parts with flat surfaces should be rotated by 45 degrees so filament lines look more natural (#3)