Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Painting Tanks - Side by Side - Primed, Base Coated, and Ready for Camo

Here are the two tanks all primed and with their base coats and ready for some camo.  I did the same number of coats of paint starting with a grey primer.  I have no idea what I should be doing as I am new to all of this!



 Side by Side Notes
3D Print 
Battlefront

Painting
Extruded plastic has a very difference feel than does metal and resin castings.  Not unpleasantly different but different.
When I declared myself done with the base coat it was a uniform shade of Panther Yellow of the same tone as the 3D Print.  Between then and when this picture was taken the color changed a little.  Not sure what gives!

Next Post in Series:  Camouflage on and Detailing Underway.

Previous Posts in the Painting Tanks thread:

Side by Side - Ready to Start Painting
Side by Side - 3D Print vs Battlefront Model
First Blood

No comments:

Post a Comment