Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Monday, March 14, 2016

Intersection of 3D Printing and Modeling - Another Diorama - Conclusion

This post concludes the the story that I started a while back under the same title.

I have declared the diorama complete though I know there are several things that really are NOT complete or should be re-done.  That said it is close enough for purposes of what I am demonstrating and I risk getting side tracked and not back to it if I don't declare it done!

There are two stories told by this diorama with the first and foremost being to show how much 3D Printed stuff can be shoved into one small diorama!  The second story told is that of a forward headquarters with a Tiger II and an anti aircraft gun guarding it.  I wanted bling you get bling.

Pretty much everything you see is printed other than the Battlefront models of the anti aircraft gun, it's trailer, and all the figures.   The tank is a print of a model by Marco Bergman from Thingiverse.  The building is a design that I purchased.  Everything else I designed either for this diorama or as part of my bling collection that is for sale on eBay and available in the public domain on Thingiverse under a creative commons Attribution non Commercial Use license.

  1. Diorama base including cobble stones and sidewalk (which I mostly buried)!
  2. Dragons teeth*
  3. Ruined building (purchased)
  4. Sandbags (customize-able on need)
  5. Lumber steps
  6. Ladder
  7. Ammo crates*
  8. Tiger II from Thingiverse (m_bergman collection)


A. Field HW furniture*
B. Ammo crates custom for this diorama
C. Lumber platform custom for this diorama
D. Large crates*
E. Barrels and Jerry Cans*

*Part of my bling collection that is for sale on eBay and available in the public domain on Thingiverse under a creative commons Attribution non Commercial Use license.


Please reach out to me if you are doing some scenery and want to explore using some 3D Printed parts.  I am interested in working with some experienced scenery folks on their projects as a way of learning.  My design skills are not where I would like them to be but I can try!

No comments:

Post a Comment