Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Friday, June 26, 2015

Never Has a Message Board Seen Such Truth

There was a question asked on the 3D Hubs Forum from a user thinking of getting into 3D Printing.  The below response has to be one of the truest of things that I have ever read on a message board:

"If you have never used a 3D printer before, then you are in for a shock, because 3D printing is really very, very hard beyond the simplest of things.  .... But I suppose as is the case with every printer, if you want really great results the greatest skill you need is infinite patience and print things really slowly." - Quoted from danilius in this thread from 3D Hubs.

No comments:

Post a Comment