Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Saturday, May 2, 2015

Pretty Happy With Most Print Quality

I am not sure that I can get much better than this!   These were printed in ABS with a layer height of 0.1mm at 30mm/sec.

Still working on the issue with some angles but pretty happy with this kind of result.

BTW, those are 5mm cubes making up the stack on the left.  They are measuring in at 4.97mm x 5.02mm x 4.96mm.  I think that qualifies as reasonably good for dimensional accuracy as well.

Some more calibration objects, including my ongoing problems, are shown in the second image.  The surface finish test, left most is pretty good and the Marvin is great but for the ridge above his left eye.  The big problem are the edges of the pyramid.  I am assuming this is ooze but have not been able to get rid of it with the various ooze settings.

Finally, a couple more calibration objects.  Obviously the very extreme angle has an issue but I would never design an angle like that anyway.


No comments:

Post a Comment