Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Printer Suddenly Acting Up - Conclusion

Printer was simply trying to go too fast!   Someone on the RepRap Forum suggesting I try a slow down and it worked.  I was trying to print at 60mm/sec.   With the same printer he indicated that he prints at 20-30 for customer work and 40 for his own.   In fairness Wanhao Support had said to slow it down to 50 but I was running at the default for the printer from Simplify3D and was being stubborn!   In a post or two I will show some results.

1 comment:

  1. Did you turn Acceleration in the Wanhao settings under General? This makes a lot of difference and allows you to set the print speed to 90 mm/s in Simplify3D (not the actual print speed but the accelerated print speed)

    ReplyDelete