Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Finally Comfortable with Print Quality

I am finally, after a LONG time, comfortable with my print quality.   Still working on the balance between speed and quality but have enough speed to declare victory.

Here is an image of the before and after for my final step in tuning.   The layers are just not as uniform as I would like.   This also shows in the corners.   In the after print the layers are uniform and the corners largely smooth.
The top of the circle still needs some help but I am happy with the rest of the print.  Frankly the printer is a bit slow at the top of it's quality curve but I will have a couple configuration files that allow for a choice of quality vs speed.
Getting to the point of the before print entailed adding some acceleration limits to my Slic3r settings and a jerk limit to my Marlin firmware.   Getting to the final print shown above required the below contraption to iron out some vibration of the Prusa I3 frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment