Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Tuesday, February 11, 2014

3D Printer - Calibration

This is part of a series of posts describing my adventures with 3D printing, and specifically, with a Prusa I3 RepRap Kit.   The first of the series is here. This post will talk briefly about calibration.   Briefly because I don't have much to say on the topic other than a) it is important, b) it is a pain in the ass, and c) it seems never ending (to me at least)!

I am still not done calibrating though I am happy enough with where I am that I have printed some reasonably large parts.  I think that I can still get more even layers (I think that stability of the build area is my problem here) and I still can not print steep overhangs as well as I think the printer is capable of.

My primary resources for this task are from the RepRap wiki and are as follows:

Calibration

and

...to here
Print Troubleshooting Pictorial Guide

From here...












In a zillion adjustments with more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment