Evolution of a Blog

This blog has evolved as I have as a maker. It starts at the beginning of my journey where I began to re-tread my tires in the useful lore of micro electronics and the open-source software that can drive them. While building solutions around micro-electronics are still an occasional topic my more recent focus has been on the 3D Printing side of making.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

'Bot Status Display

I have added one of these displays to the 'Bot as you can see from the picture. This version of the display requires a LOT of pins from the Arduino but I had them available (and I am running out of room for anything else anyways)! 

The wiring instructions that I used can be found here.  I am probably going to move the display somewhere as it hangs over the edge of the treads now!

Writing to the display is very simple as shown by the below Arduino code:

Initialize the LCD
// Include and initialize the library for the LCD
#include <LiquidCrystal.h>
LiquidCrystal lcd(11, 12, 3, 4, 2, 5);
String lcdMessage = "";



Write to the LCD
// Set the size of the lcd and say hi
lcd.begin(16,2);
lcd.print("HW Interface up");
lcd.setCursor(0, 1);                // Next write to position zero of second line
lcd.print("P2A:Waiting");



No comments:

Post a Comment